Monday, May 19, 2014

For He is Coming: An Advent Anthem

I love Advent.  And today, I'm declaring it ADVENT IN MAY!  And a few years ago, inspired by the spirit of the season, I wrote this choral anthem, entitled "For He Is Coming." The words are drawn from various parts of the Bible, especially the Book of Revelation and the Book of the Prophet Micah.

Wait for the Lord, who is coming
He is the first and last, the living one
Who is, who was, and who is to come
And he shall be peace
Wait for the Lord, who is coming
Wait.

This video is from the St. Mary Choir's 2010 concert in the Basilica of St. Ignatius of Rome, near the Pantheon.  That concert was one of the highlights - if not the highlight - of my time at St. Mary.

Please like, comment, and share if you like what you hear!

You can find more of my compositions over on my YouTube Channel.  
For more of the St. Mary Choir's concert, you can visit their YouTube Channel.


And just for fun, here are some photos from the choir's Rome concert!



No comments :

Post a Comment